HOW TO: "Voyage" part I, imitation of sunlight




Hi! Here is my second "making of" article :)
You can see the previous part here - Mysteria lookbook 

Today I'd like to tell you about my campaign shoot for Nasonpearl. There were some different looks with sautoirs (tassel jewelry), the issue was dedicated to summer traveling season. Hot sunny days and mysterious dark nights near the sea is a location and mood we are chosen for this shoot.
The studio was big, so we have no problems how to work with a light.

I want to start from the simple: Portrait in the "day" with my first model Tonya. My aim here was an imitation of real sunlight, hot and warm. White balance on my camera was pulled a little bit to the warmer side of color temperature scale to get an effect of the hot summer sun. I don't like to use hard modifiers in woman portraits, so I just used 150cm okta + big silver reflector in front of her face.
You are also can see filling soft light on her right shoulder and curls, it's a horizontally rotated stripbox on low power.


Studio lightening diagram example
The picture doesn't fully show us how it was set. You need to understand what the oktabox has turned on the white side to the floor, and creates with reflector an angle about ~130 degrees. The oktabox turned like this gives us more dramatic light, and the big reflector just filling out the shadows and create nice shine in the eyes of my model (manga eyes, lol!).

Mostly the same light I used in the next pictures. However, I set stripbox a little bit brighter and add one new simple feature with light rays.


Imitation of sunlight  (daylight) in studio. Photo of Ilona D. Veresk


Lighting diagram 2, imitation of sunlight (light rays)

New one here - is a standard kicker with middle size honeycomb and yellow filter gel. I placed a grating in front of it on some distance. I did that because I wanted to get more focused and distinct tracery of yellow rays. If you try to place the light closer to grating all your patterns become too big and too smooth. So we can lose the details of flowers and branches.
If you have no grating like this you can use another mask or do the mask by your hands on the shadow-proof dark material.

That's all! :)
Visit http://ilonaveresk.com/

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения