HOW TO: BROKEN TAPE BTS

HOW TO: BROKEN TAPE BTS


Hello everyone, Ilona with you! :)

Today I'd like to share results of a bit spontaneous editorial shoot. A broken tape is a story about the fashion of '80s-'90s, bright and curly! I saw the portraits of my mom in a deep childhood, it was so strange and funny fashion for me. Lol!
Sometimes I do "historical" projects like this, but I totally don't like simple period looks, I'd prefer to mix all my stories with a modern vision and personal re-interpretations it's much better and so interesting! Our model - Misha from Aquarelle models is so perfect for such kind of story! I'm still inspired by her appearance!

Okay, let's go. Starting from the research and tests as always. I wanted to get soft light, but bright colors (as you know that categories are mostly mutually exclusive), so our choice was to use the opposite colors and color contrasts as it is, for example, blue-pink, blue-yellow and calmer blue-beige. Looks nice at all even if you will put here only octabox, but I still wanted something "extra" here.

So, Picolite, it's your hour of triumph!

Some of my students, asked me "is that photoshop on the background?" - Ha-ha! Nope!
As you know Picolite is mostly using for object shoots,  but why not to use it in a fashion or portrait? Let's try the idea.








It's one of the first shots. Let's think about how to make something like this.



As you can see - very simple scheme. No flags, no masks, nothing else. Just set up the main light source (I used broncolor octabox 150cm) one third less then Picolite or about so we can see the exact shape of used form. Triangle, or circles or any other masks on your taste.













"Broken tape"
Cover story for VGXW @virtuogenix <3
Photographer, direction Ilona D. Veresk @ilonaveresk
Stylist Alyona Pryamikova @aalyonushkaa
Makeup/hair Polina Nagornykh @polza_mua
Model Misha @fluffy.helmet @aquarellemodels

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения